Customer Acceptance Test Specialist
POSTING DATES: 03/06/2018 - 03/12/2018
US Postal Service Headquarters
Washington, DC [Metro Area]
Recruiter Contact: Kristena Branstetter at Talent@USPS.gov
Conducts customer acceptance testing including writing test scripts; preparing test data; and executing test cases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Writes test scripts, cases, scenarios, and other testing documentation. Executes test plans to ensure objectives are incorporated during each phase of testing.
2. Assists in design sessions to document stakeholder business goals; and assists in developing testing requirements to ensure the system meets functional policies, procedures, and processes.
3. Conducts research in the area of manual customer acceptance testing and performs data analysis to assist the planning, development, and execution of customer acceptance testing.
4. Conducts customer acceptance testing, regression testing, and end-to-end testing. Works with subject matter experts to ensure test scripts and test cases meet business requirements and objectives.
5. Analyzes and clarifies user requirements and feature acceptance criteria; identifies and evaluates deficiencies and ensures that risks and/or issues are documented and monitored. Provides status reports and feedback on testing progress and feature deficiencies and follows up on deficiencies to ensure timely modification.
6. Develops and manages plans to support the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) within a scrum/agile environment.
PERSONS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
All U.S. Citizens, permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or any other territory owing allegiance to the United States are eligible to apply.
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
OCCUPATION CODE: 2210-0359
NON-SCHEDULED DAYS: Saturday/Sunday
HOURS: 08:00 A.M. to 05:00 P.M.
SALARY RANGE: $55221-$65000
1. Knowledge of customer acceptance testing principles, practices and procedures related to activities such as the development of test plans, criteria, procedures, scheduling, recording of results, and follow-up actions.
2. Ability to communicate orally and in writing sufficient to develop and present reports, and provide technical guidance related to testing activities.
3. Ability to develop test scripts, report test results and manage testing execution to determine readiness for implementation.
4. Ability to perform research and analysis for the design and development of customer acceptance testing processes and procedures.
5. Ability to develop response strategies and processes for related defect notifications and review historical, existing, and ongoing defect reports to identify areas needing specific attention.
6. Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and agile development methodologies, processes, standards and techniques sufficient to test information systems.
Manager of unit to which assigned
Applications must be submitted by 7:00 p.m., E.S.T. of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans' preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.